Cognitive Connections is offering a Seminar on Executive Function Skills in the Boston Area!
Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Cost: $199.00 (Cost includes course handout, lunch, and hands-on materials)
Crown Plaza Hotel Natick, MA
1360 Worcester Street
Natick, MA 01760
A New View of Executive Function Skills
Understanding how therapy works: The Award Winning 360 Thinking model explained
360 Thinking in Practice: Best Methods for Changing Behaviors
From Intention to Action: Following Routines, Initiating Tasks, Making Transitions
- Using the core skills of gesture and stated intention to be a “Mind MIME” and help students create mental visual imagery for the future.
- Teach students to be a ‘mental time traveler’ and pre-experience the physical actions to complete a task in prospective time and space.
- Learn how to increase a student’s spatial temporal window or how far into the future they can see and sustain prospective planning
- Implement treatment interventions for improving impulse control and working memory
- Increase self-determination and motivation
· Improve organization of materials, papers and personal belongings
Increase Time management
- Building an internal sense of the sweep of time. How to create and stick to time markers; identify and manage time robbers
- Management of daily time
- Long term project management. Reducing procrastination, understanding task demands and prioritizing steps
- Show students the process of how to plan homework -even if it lasts more than an hour, or must be completed over days and or weeks. Helping students to plan and effectively utilize time in a resource room/learning skills/homework center
- Teach students how to break down complex tasks and assignments and then plan for, organize and initiate tasks
- Practical strategies will be given to help with the initiation of difficult assignments and to ensure work is returned in a timely manner.
- The homework space: learn tricks for supporting students and their families in creating a positive and productive environment for homework – even if you do not go home with the student!
Cognitive Connections, LLP
747 Main Street, Suite 307
Concord, MA 01742