With the ever-changing landscape in college admissions and another record year of applicants, knowing what to do and what to think requires an expert. Or two.
The Parent Connection, in partnership with Duxbury High School, offered a two-part event to help your family through this complicated journey on March 12, 2014:
I. A presentation by MEFA, (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority) on College Admissions
MEFA presented all the facts you need to know on college admissions – and options on financing your student’s education. Whether you have a child a few years away from applying to college or a senior in the middle of it all, MEFA has the answers you need. For more information, click here.
II. Marilee Jones, college consultant, former Admissions Director at MIT and author, presented
LESS STRESS, MORE SUCCESS A New Approach to Guiding Your Teen Through College Admissions and Beyond
Marilee Jones returned to Duxbury to discuss:
- How to focus on the right fit, rather than the “best school”
- The difference between human “beings” and human “doings”
- Strategies that improve your teen’s chances of admission
- What to make of early action, early decision I and II, deferrals, and wait lists
- What the NEW SAT means for the class of 2017 & beyond
- How to help your family manage deadlines – and wait lists
Click here for the Top Ten Takeaways on College Admissions with Marilee Jones